The Dusty Dog

Sunday, April 02, 2006

A Walk In The Park


Were it not for my dog and my camera, I'd likely not have gone on this walk today, even though it was a beautiful day. I'm just like that. I tend towards lethargy and laziness. In fact, that's part of the reason I adopted my dusty dog a few years ago. I say that we kind of rescued eachother.

Nothing but a simple pine cone. The symmetry caught my eye.

The fresh water spring is a pleasant surprise encounter just a few hundred yards from the estuary.

This is a close-up of the pipe someone inserted to make this a really nice little oasis in an otherwise environment of sand and salt.

Birds of all kinds, particularly geese, ducks, swans and gulls, inhabit the shoreline

The mouth of the river, where it empties into the estuary is a very biologically productive area. And, breathtaking.

Dusty Dog relaxes in the sand.

Looking west over the estuary as the sun begins its evening descent.

2 comment(s):

Very nice photos, Nina says so too. I gather that's not Fire Island but near your house, right?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 PM  

Hey!! Long time, no talk. You're right. It's not Fire Island, but instead the Terrell River Park. Beautiful place to take Zuki for a walk. About four miles to the bay and back, so by the time we get home, we both collapse. A happy and exhausted collapse.

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 6:42 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home