The Dusty Dog

Friday, March 10, 2006

The Selfishness of Republicans

I was listening to the radio (AirAmerica on XM satellite radio, to be exact) yesterday while driving home from work. I always do that. It's a kind of one half hour of down time before I get home and begin the task of feeding the animals and taking the very dusty dog out for a walk. She loves her walks. Of course, it's no wonder. She's been home all day, alone with the cats, mostly sleeping and likely quite bored. I get home and all the animals (amazing how a mere three animals can seem like a huge herd) get excited, are thrilled to see me, as I am the focus of their domestic animal lives, and want FOOD. Back to the radio discussion.

Sam Seder was filling in for Randi Rhodes, who was on vacation. She is a rabid left wing, anti-neocon, bush-hating person. So is Sam. So am I. I enjoy talk radio. I learn alot about the politics of the day, because we sure as shit ain't gonna read or hear about the finer details from kiss ass mainstream media. Anyway, this caller called to say that he's a republican, apparently only to provide some opposite viewpoint on the show. He said that he supports the president and always votes for GOP candidates. Sam began questioning him about what exactly does he support about the dubya regime? Sam brought up the Dubai ports deal, and the caller admitted he wasn't happy about that. Sam brought up the handling of Katrina, the deficits, the Iraq debaucle, etc. The guy finally admitted that the only thing that he likes about the dubya dummy is his stance on abortion.

Herein lies the rub. This extremely stupid caller, and believe me when I say STUPID, finds that the only thing that he supports about the dubya cockroaches is the one thing that will have absolutely zero impact on his own personal and puny life. Economics will affect the caller and the rest of us significantly. The war in Iraq affects us all. The deficits, health care, the environment, the corporate pollution and corporate welfare, to name but a few things, have huge effects on the lives of every American, and in fact the entire world. Abortion only affects those who are saddled with the usually emotional decision about what will affect them, and only them for the rest of their lives.

How did people become so selfish? What is it about republicans when they think they can dictate how we go about handling our own personal lives, from abortion, choices in death, who we love, and how we marry? What is so fucking wrong with these people that they set aside the obviously rotten corporate politics that are destroying the fabric of American society, though admittedly, are "not happy about that" and hang their collective hats on personal events that have absolutely nothing to do with them?

I hate republicans. I really do. I hate everything they stand for. I hate their collective stupidity. I hate their mob mentality. I hate their exclusionary club frames of reference. I hate republicans. I hate their decidedly obliviousness to the economic downward spiral that this country is traversing. I hate their sicko love of guns and violence. I hate their "smaller government" thinking, because that is as bogus as an $43 bill.

Bush's approval rating has hit an all-time low this week, at under 40%. Who are these idiots who still support the guy? Why are they such morons? Explain to me why the Congressional republicans have to scurry away from their beloved dubya cockroach in order to have any chance of winning in November's elections. Doesn't that alone indicate that they know that the idiot they've propped up all these long five years is a criminal? If they knew/know that, then what drove them to support him? Doesn't that fact alone send some kind of message to "mainstream" Americans? And, of course, let us not forget dubya's dick, who is likely the biggest crook in the White Wash, I mean House, right now.

Well, this was a vent. I'm just disgusted by republicans. Did I mention how much I really hate them?

20 comment(s):

I'm with you, Dusty Dog. My mind is absolutely blown when I talk with relatives, even, who voted for and still support this bunch of lunatics. When I ask why, they say that they agree with his religious views! Ugh. He and Laura Lou are religious only to get the religious right vote. He was a gambler and a drunk before becoming governor of Texass and he and his family still imbibe in public for all the world to see. Sign me a died-in-the-wool liberal Democrat living in the muck of Republican Kentucky -- a stranger in a strange land.

Actually the worst of the lot are those who still support this war against Terrorism when the American people are the ones who are being terrorized on a daily basis.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 PM  

There is simply one difference between us and republicans. Republicans, conservatives, and capitalists are motivated by hate. We are motivated by love for our fellow man.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:16 PM  

There are more Republicans that's why he won.

Maybe someone besides Kerry should have run against Bush...we weren't given much of a choice...now were we? The first time it was stupid Gore and then it was Kerry, who I didn't trust at all. Give us a candidate!!
I used to be proud to call myself a democrat and now I am just ashamed at how the democrats have been calling foul every since a Republican won.

I'm sure if a Democrat wins the next election that the Republicans will be crying foul just like you guys are. Nothing ever changes.

I will continue to vote and I will support WHOEVER is elected...republican, democrat, independent...I don't care who he is and I will respect the will of the majority, who vote him in.

I bet if I come back here in 4 years and a democrat is in office you will still be crying foul.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:52 AM  

abandoned, are you tryin to dis me cuz I hate repukes right now? IF so, you're an idiot. Remember when Clinton won, the repugnants were hell bent on getting him impeached. Over a fucking blow job, no less. He may have lied, but it wasn't about anything that had squat to do with our national security or anything that any of us cared about. Clinton lied, but no one, NO ONE died. Ever since the repukicans took control of the entire government, it's been nothing but one scandal, one disaster, one lie after another; thousands of deaths, over and over and over. So, abandoned, get fucking real. Or not. I really don't care what you do. You're an embarrassment only to yourself.

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 7:20 AM  

Motherkitty, thank you for visiting my site. It's always a pleasure to read your comments. You may be in a conservative stronghold of Kentucky, but I'm in a predominantly conservative stronghold of NY, even though NY is considered to be a blue state. However, the last elections kicked out most of the repukes, so maybe there is hope. People are finally getting the message. Except maybe poor ol' embarrassed abandoned. She (I'm assuming she's a she) deserves to be embarrassed. The will of the majority my ass............

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 7:25 AM  

"Dusty Dog" My name is Tom and "abandoned" is my sister,"MotherKitty is my wife and "Desert Garderner" is my sister in law.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:02 AM  

Wow! Tomas, you've got quite a family. They are mostly wonderful. I'm sorry if I offended abandoned, and I guess, you too. But, I have a real problem with the mentality of going along with the "will of the majority", particularly when there was no such will. If you do any kind of internet research, and I'll do some looking if you want, it's fairly well documented that the 2000 and 2004 elections were stolen by the republicans. STOLEN, mon. There was no will of the majority. And, it was only an electoral college "win", anyway. The popular vote would have placed the dems into the white house both times. So, that will of the majority crap is just nonsense. Besides, what ever happened to going with your concience, instead of mob rule, anyway? Puleeeeze..................

By the way, welcome to my blog. I'm kind of profane in the way I express myself, but I get really frustrated, and profanity is one of my "tools". I hate the fucking neocons, and by extension, the republicans who are their number one apologists. I really do. But, I guess I've already said that. Anyway, again, welcome.

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 9:28 AM  

It's cool, it is free country at present and I do enjoy the different views we all have. That is what makes our country great.
Take Care

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:35 AM  

Dear Dusty Dog. I wrote a really good comment, but Tomas wanted me to read his before I posted and I lost mine. Boohoo.

All I have to say is, this discussion has turned into a debacle. And your blog has become a platform for a family discussion on the diversity of our political viewpoints. Don't you feel honored that you have provoked such an interesting response?

Are you familiar with the comedian Yakov Smirnoff who always says "What a Country" when referring to the amazing attributes of the USA? All I have to say is "What a family" when referring to our particular "band of brothers" that constitutes our family. We have a daughter who belongs to the religious right, voted Republican, and I'm Jewish and voted Democratic! We have a son who served admirably in the US Navy on a submarine, thinks as we do, but he's not Jewish either! I don't know how he voted. I have a sister who's Jewish, thinks as we do, and hates the Bush as much as we do. Along comes my SIL who votes Republican and does not like our liberal viewpoints. I say, to each his own and vote your conscience. I love them anyway.

My conscience says the Republicans are a bunch of greedy bastards who don't give a rat's ass about you and I -- it's all about the money, oil, and GREED. Who gives a shit if 3,000 young American men get killed for a lost cause? Who gives a shit if 35,000 innocent and some not so innocent Iraqis get killed? Who gives a shit if the only ones becoming rich over this war are Dubya's cronies? I do, that's who. I heard someone say last night on TV that FDR laid down the law during WWII that he didn't want to see anybody becoming millionaires because of the war. Why can't our elected officials also take this stand? Because they are greedy and want to line their pockets before they get booted out of office. Who pays? We do. 'nuff said.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:19 AM  

I don't know what to say, except ......

Wow!!!

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 12:26 PM  

Your title and post hit the nail on the head. Republicans (at least the current breed of them) are selfish.

They couldn't care less about the deficit that their kids, grandkids, and so on are going to be stuck with. They don't care that these same people are going to inherit a toxic environment in which they will need special breathing equipment just to venture outside. They don't care about the millions who will go hungry because of more tax cuts for the rich. They don't care about the women who will die of perforated uteruses or infections (child bed fever included) because of misogynist legislation. They don't care about victims of hate crimes, grieving loved ones of the dead in Iraq and Afghanistan, maimed soldiers who will never lead normal lives because of war wounds and cuts to VA healthcare... etc., etc., etc.

Keep up the fantastic work!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:04 PM  

I do not consider myself a democrat or a republican, I am who I am, and I personally do not think specific ugly or positive things when I hear of people saying they are a democrat or a republican. I am a human being, who loves and hates, just like all of you. Shame on us for putting a sterotype on others.I think people should look at people individually and not lob them into groups and then attribute general characteristics to the whole bunch. That sounds like high school all over again to me. I am glad that dusty dog says what she means, and knows what she believes. Whether or not I agree is of no consequence. I will take her as an individual, and look at her as one. Do you guys really think all Democrats are the same? Do you really think all Republicans are the same? Is that all the different kinds of people there are in the world? Do you really think that one set of politicians is less greedy or less corrupt than the other? I just thought that that was the nature of politics, goes with the job. I think we would all have something to complain about, no matter who was in office. I think the majority of people in the world absolutely hates it when people die, whether it is from a terminated pregnancy or from a war. There doesn't have to be any labels to agree that people dying is terrible.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:22 PM  

I am a democrat and I voted for Clinton...this time I'm ready for a woman president, but there aren't any good candidates out there.

BTW were you aware that there is not a draft?...everyone who enlists does it voluntarily. And some in my family enlisted just last year.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:43 PM  

And I'm not embarrassed, for your information. I have nothing to be embarrassed about...I just feel sorry for you and for all the others who seem to be cronic complainers, no matter who is in office.

Why don't YOU run for public office and solve our nations problems, that republicans & democrats together have caused?

This is the human race...not the democratic or republican race...haven't you figured that out yet? That seems to be the major problem in this country and until you figure this out...you don't understand a thing.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 PM  

"This is the human race...not the democratic or republican race...haven't you figured that out yet?"

Wow! That's really profound, abandoned. You must have popped a gut thinking that one up. I'm impressed. NOT

All I am saying is that people who support this administration, and who are overwhelmingly republicans, continue to come up with all kinds of rationalizations, apologies, and yes, pompous platitudes in their useless attempts to support this horrifically failed presidency. dubya is a cockroach. His administration are cockroaches. They have not succeeded in one single policy since stealing the elections in 2000, unless you consider demolishing environmental regulations success. Thousands are dead, many more thousands are maimed. This country is experiencing the highest deficits and record debts since dubya took the helm, and he did so with the surplus that Clinton left him. The entire world community hates us; they think bush is an idiot. There are higher numbers of people who have no health coverage, including children. He just sold out the anti nuclear proliferation treaty, and the nuclear arms race is restarted with a vengence. He pulled us out of the Kyoto accords. He panders to the gun lobby and the brain dead religious righties, like those of the Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell ilk. He has abandoned women throughout the world, by denying them reasonable health care unless they by into his bullshit abstinence program, not to mention the abortion debate. The list goes on and on and on.

I suppose if you support losers, abandon, then you too are a freakin' loser. All dubya did was steal the election. He was never ever fit to be president, and if it wasn't for his father, he never ever would have been considered for the job. He's a stupid patsy of the neocon dealthcult that is now running this country. History will judge him very harshly. When that happens, I picture you lying like a rug to distance yourself from ever having supported this fascist regime. Yes, they are fascists, in every sense of the term. You, abandoned, are a fascist apologist.

But, I guess resting your laurels in stupid platitudes is your strong point.

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 11:33 PM  

I agree that a woman would be good for this government. But, we have to be careful. Not any woman. A good woman. I don't support Hillary Clinton. I think she's not distancing herself enough from the rightie neocons. Fact is, I don't see any good candidates at all out there, except maybe Conyers would be good; maybe Obama, though he's not ready; I dunno. Not a lot of choices out there. Besides, it's going to take a really special person to get this country out of the mess that dubya is leaving for the next administration. It's going to take lots of years and lots of money, including $thousands$ for war reparations, to fix the damage that these fascists will be leaving behind. But, they don't care. Cuz, they'll be laughing all the way to the bank with their energy, environment and war profits. Really, that is the only thing that matters to them. Their own personal monetary gains.

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 11:41 PM  

Thank you, daughterofliberty. I visited your site, and I'd like to say to you KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, also. Strength in numbers............

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 11:47 PM  

Well, thanks for being a good sport and finally answering without all those cuss words. And we finally agree on something...that there's nobody out there yet honest enough to be our next president.

Just answer one more question for me...Haven't we always elected the presidency by using the electorial college votes. Since I have been voting I don't remember any other way that we have done this...I may be wrong. I know that there have been other presidents that won by the popular vote, but still didn't win the presidency.

I'm not into politics and I don't belong to any party...I vote for whom I feel will do the job...I cross party lines on all elections, but I do vote every time.

I stopped by your blog accidently and thought I was going to read about your dog. If you would have been a Republican bashing Clinton, I would have argued with you too. I take the side of the under-dog who is being bashed...that's my nature. I'm a great grandma who will come to anyone's defense.
And I did vote for Bush because I liked his father, and Bush looked like an honest man.

Maybe you bloggers will succeed in impeaching him like the bloggers got him elected, with that Kerry swift boat thing. If it wasn't for that and his hair and long face Kerry would have probable been elected. Also Kerry married two very wealthy women and made a public joke about it which older people didn't appreciate. Well thanks again for being a good sport and you sure sound a lot more convincing when you don't cuss...remember that.

How did my family get over here on this site? You reckon they thought they were going to be reading about dogs too?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:44 AM  

Abandoned, I find it interesting that you came to my site to read about dogs. As you can see from the intro at the top of my site, I have named it after my dog, but that it was intended to be a political site, primarily. In fact, I'm glad you stopped by. I really am. I hope I got you to at least recognize that supporting failure is not an option, when it comes to this administration. There are just way too many issues at stake; way to many lives on the line. And, for what? So these bums can steal the oil fields out from the Iraqis (which they also failed at)? So that they can enrichen thier bank accounts at the expense of our soldiers? Health care? The environment?

No, there is way too much at stake, and these cockroaches are squandering every attempt to do right. In fact, there are about six bills lanquishing in Congress right now that are intended to provide port security to our nation. Guess what? All of them were drafted by democrats, and none of them are allowed to make it into the light of day by the republican controlled house and senate. Not a one. Why is that, do you suppose? I venture that it's because they do not want to allow a single democratic member to gain anything at all for either their own feathered caps, and they are doing it at the expense of this country.

So, what do they do instead? They fight to open up the Arctic Wildlife Refuge to oil interests, that will do nothing at all to bail out our oil dilemma, but only serve to make a very few people wealthier. The fight against stem cell research, which you can be sure as hell they will be first in line to benefit from when medical advances are made. That's just pandering to whacko religious interests, in the name of *choke* family values. They pass a food bill that will 1) require warning labels be removed from food items, and 2) make it illegal for states to add their own warning labels. Believe that. And why, pray tell did they vote on such a scummy bill, you ask? Because some legislators' relatives are in the mega food industry, and could reap huge profits from the sale of otherwise unhealthy food items. That is the ONLY reason.

Abandoned, the list goes on and on and on. I'm going to find the link to the port security bills that are lanquishing in Congress. Also, in some other days I would have respected your choice to do nothing politically. But today, this incompetent administration has put too many issues on the table. There are too many issues that will directly affect YOUR life, whether you acknowledge it, or not. This is no time to be inactive. This is no time to vote for someone because they "look honest". Geez, girl, I cannot believe you even admitted that. But regardless, this is time to sit back and let these flunkies run the country. Their deep sixing it, and laughing all the way to the bank. Please, I implore you, educate yourself. Get your friends and family to become educated. Fight like the dickens for what is real and what is right. Do not let these bums off the hook.

Again, thank you for visiting. I keep intending to write about my dog, but I get bolloxed up in political issues, and my dear Zuki gets back burnered. I'll write about her. I promise. And, my cats. But frankly, that is not the most important thing right now. Debating issues is way more important.

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 7:45 AM  

The stem cell & the abortion issue don't have anything to do with any religious belief...grant you that many religious people are against them. But maybe you count aetheists as religious people, because there are a few who don't believe in abortion. I won't argue that issue because that's a personal decision...taking a life. What does it matter if it's a fetus or a husband. A life is a life and people are going to kill no matter what we say anyway.

The ONLY thing that I see that you do wrong is that you classify people unfairly into little groups. Don't you realize that all of us want what is best for our country and we don't want to see our young men dying in battles overseas.

After having these discussions with you for the last couple of days, I can see that we are on the same side...the side of the common, good everyday people. You do need to quit bashing the Christian people because there are quite a few of them and they would listen to you more if you would just tone that down and not insult them right off the bat. They also want whats good for this country, just as you.

I have been against the Dubai port issue from its beginnings...but I am against any foreign nation owning or controlling any part of US soil, and that includes controlling (leasing) toll roads as well.

So please lighten up on classifying people...the common people are no longer aligning themselves with any group. We are just not allowed to vote unless we declare something...but we only do this so we can vote and have a say in things.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:22 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home