The Dusty Dog

Monday, February 20, 2006

Sweet Mary From Hell

Yesterday morning was a comfortable Sunday morning. On Sundays, I love to lounge about, drinking coffee, and checking out some of the talking head TV shows. As I was scrolling around, I came onto Meet the Press with Tim Russert. But, what I saw first was an image of Mary Matalin that caused me to think "Oh miggod! Holy freakin' shit!" She looked like a Katherine Harris wannabee, only worse. Much worse, if you can picture that. She was so pathetic looking that I stopped surfing, and stayed to watch the show. It was truly amazing.

I'm not usually hung up on fashion statements, but this one is worth the descriptions. It was hilarious. First off, her hair looked like her finger was residing in an electric outlet. "Take your fucking finger outta the outlet", I screamed at the tube. Every once in a while she just sorta brushed it back. Useless effort, if your finger is still absorbing inordinate amounts of electrical currents.

Secondly, she was wearing this, I dunno, a cross between a brooch and a cheap wall hanging that you'd find in a doctor's waiting room. It was huge. It was some kind of flower, possibly made of metal, possibly enameled, possibly plastic, possibly wired with a mic. As far as fashion statements go, I guess you'd have to say this was indeed quite the statement. But what was it saying? That's the question....


There was also the black dress, offset with the brilliantly painted red fingernails. which she used to brush back her coiffure now and again. Picture the red nails gliding past this huge pink flower wall hanging stuck on her chest, on past the eye makeup job that would have put Katherine Harris to shame, and finally finding themselves brushing back a rat's nest. I laughed out loud, by myself, almost choking on my coffee.

"But, what did she say?", you ask. Nothing. At least, nothing relevant. She is a shill and an apologist for Dubya's Dick, The Sharpshooter. Admittedly, I was really tiring of the whole "cheney shooting his friend in the face" affair, but I was hooked on this show. The other guests were Paul Gigot, Maureen Dowd, and David Gregory. They were probably wondering how the hell they got roped into appearances with this cheney bitch from hell. (Is she still married to that democrat whathisname?) The guests were all rather civil, except Sweet Mary from Hell. She was insulting, disengenuous, and nasty like you wouldn't believe.

Maureen Dowd was great. Her response to the whole affair was great, and it was worth watching the show. Dowd has this brilliant ability to say things like they are, and in an intelligently succinct way. I envy her that ability, but here is her reaction to the cheney affair, in her nutshell way:

"The reason this story has evoked such fascination is because the vice president is like the phantom. You know, we hear the creak of the door as he passes, but we don't really know what he's up to. We don't know his schedule. We don't always know where he is. We don't know what democratic institution he's blowing off at any given minute, and so this allowed us to see how his behavior and judgment operated pretty much in real time -- with the delay, but pretty much in real time. ... And it covered all the problems of the Bush/Cheney administration: secrecy and stonewalling, then blowing off the rules that are at the heart of our democracy, then using a filter to try and put the truth out in a way that would most suit their political needs, and then bad political judgment in bungling a crisis. I mean, if there's one thing the Republicans are great at since Reagan, it's damage control. But he is such a control freak, you know, he doesn't even care about the damage. ... Mary, it isn't only the press. He blows off the FISA courts, he blows off the Geneva Conventions, he blows off the U.N. to go to Iraq. He wants to blow off everything. He's got a fever about presidential erosion just the way he had a fever about going into Iraq."

I have to thank Arianna Huffington for putting up her own take on this episode of Meet the Press, because I knew I wasn't alone in my take on this whole show. It was bizzare. And, thank you, Arianna, for hosting the images which I reprint above for my readers. You can find her article at Russert Watch: The Mary Matalin Horror Show. You can also find links to other bloggers who saw what we saw, and heard what we heard. You can also find links to videos of the show. In my humble opinion, it sure is worth reading Arianna's take on this. She's a very decent writer, and she has a great sense of humor.

4 comment(s):

As a former North American living in Israel, Sunday morning talk shows are on my list of things I miss the most. We get the occassional re-run... but they are usually so dated I have no idea what they are talking about.
Gee... I miss Sunday mornings in New York.... now I want a bagel and some smoked whitefish...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:53 AM  

hahhaha Didn't Matalin look awful? She sounded as bad as she looked, with her lame attempts to defelct blame from Cheney and onto the media and the dems. IF anyone lives in a "parralell universe" it's her.
The only people who buy her bullshit are the blind wingnuts out there who beleive anything the bushtards say. (I love that term "bushtards" and will always appreciate DesertPeace for provding it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:57 PM  

Yeah, that was truly sick. She kept accusing Gregory and democrats of living in a parallel universe. She is truly deranged. And she looked it. Deranged, psychotic and stupid. She is truly a bushtard. They are all deranged, psychotic and stupid. Hehehehehe..............

Not to worry, desertpeace, I'll eat a bagel with whitefish just for you. But you have to promise to eat a shwarma for me. :-)

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 6:59 AM  

DEAL!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:38 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home