The Dusty Dog

Sunday, February 26, 2006

History We Do NOT Want to Repeat



Harold Meyerson, op-ed columnist with the Washington Post, hit the nail on the head. I've been saying all along that it's not about racism. It's not about national security, per se. It's not about the dubya cockroach knowing about it, or not. It's about CONFLICTS OF INTEREST. It's about the prospect of making so much goddamm money that the administration would be, and has been tempted to turn a blind eye to possible security issues regarding the Dubai ports sale. It's so scary, I think I'm gonna throw up. I'm so angry that I've yet to see even the most miniscule mention of the Dubai/Bushies/John Snow/Carlyle Group connection, that I just hope that the spineless democrats grow some cahones and TALK ABOUT THIS ISSUE. I've even had people request that I give them permission to send my blog to their Congressional representatives. My blog isn't the most studied on the issue, not by a long shot, but it's a start.

I watched Face The Nation this morning. The guests were Tom Friedman, that lowlife asswipe apologist, Senator Graham (R-SC, I think), and Chuck Shumer (D-NY) on the show to talk about the Dubai ports deal. Friedman sees no problem. He even brought up the rather specious arguement that it's about racism. What an amazing idiot. Even the republican, Sen. Graham, is outraged by the deal. Sen. Shumer wants to not only put the deal through a rigorous 45-day review period, as required by law, but also leave it open-ended, wherein if things are not copasetic, then kill the deal.

I watched the show, breathlessly waiting for someone to bring up the conflicts of interest issue, but no one did. Why, oh why is the mainstream media giving the bushie cockroaches a free pass on this? They did the free-pass thang about the fraudulent Niger documents before we invaded Iraq, and now look what a mess we're in. I cannot believe they are willing to do it again. I shudder to think what kind of mess the Dubai deal will present for the United States in the not too distant future.



"What's clear is that neither the task of building democratic nations around the world nor ensuring secure ports and cities here at home is our primary national purpose. Our mission is to maximize shareholder value. Which, by the measure of our strategic interests and our historical ideals, amounts to selling America short."


Please read the rest of his column, "Wanna Buy a Port". He's one of the good guys. But, we have to get the message from the columnists and liberal bloggers and onto the front pages of mainstream media. If we don't, we're doomed to repeat some very bad history.

1 comment(s):

I'm just amazed that at this point in time, any nation would be making any deal with the Bushtards. It is internationally known at today that they are a bunch of dishonest, lying bastards.
Dubai is in a financial position to take chances with money... but why with Washington?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:25 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home