The Dusty Dog

Monday, April 03, 2006

My Visit To the White Wash






I visited the White Wash, I mean House today. I never left my house to do it. My visit was virtual, of course. There are so many links to so many places to go, that I find the need to list the Issues Links here:




Budget Management
Education
Energy
Health Care
Homeland Security
Hurricane Recovery
Immigration
Jobs & Economy
Medicare
National Security
Pandemic Flu
Patriot Act
Renewal in Iraq
Social Security
More Issues>

Notice anything missing? Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh........ I see a huge omission here on the front page. But, I'm not surprised. Here is a president who thinks that golf course ponds and retention basins equate to productive wetlands, as described in this story from the St. Petersburg Times.

Yes, boys and girls, the missing link is Environment. Why have a link up front touting the the Healthy Forests Initiate when you know that the only purpose for that law is to sell off forests in the name of fighting fires in order to increase corporate profit? I suppose if you have nothing to burn, nothing will burn. Duh....... How about the Clear Skies Initiative, wherein dirty plants are allowed to spew more toxins into the atmosphere so that they can happily fill their piggy banks? Yup, just bury them in a back page link. In fact, this president is the worst environmentally conscious president since....... well, he's the worst ever.

I am venturing a guess that maybe these links were removed to the back pages(assuming that they were ever up front in the first place) since it became fully accepted, except by the dubya cockroaches, that global warming, sea level rise, and losses to wetlands, forests, endangered salmon species, etc. are all directly connected to this cockroach administration's failed environmental policies. But, that's really a misnomer, as I pointed out, and which is really the point of this article. There are no environmental policies. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

I guess potholes would also qualify as wetlands under the dubya cockroach mentality, and maybe we should stop filling them.

7 comment(s):

I guess the top, most important, listings do, in fact, omit environment. However, if you link into "more issues" on the bottom, you do find an environment listing. Not that that means anything at all. We all know that every link has nothing more than Dubya-speak.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:12 PM  

You're right. I totally missed it. But, my stance on their environmental stance, given that it is relegated to a back page, and for what it is, anyway, does not change. That's obvious.

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 4:57 PM  

Ya'think someone can convince Dubya to go hunting with Cheney?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:09 PM  

Nan, I made some edit changes to the article based on your comments. Cuz, in fact, nothing changes, really, except my article.

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 8:27 AM  

Where are you??? We missya!
Hope everything is OK.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:43 PM  

Steve, I am here. I bowed out for a few days to celebrate Passover. And, I just took a break. Everything is OK. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry you.

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 8:17 PM  

So great to see you back.
It was Passover here too... what a coincidence ;)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:50 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home