The Dusty Dog

Monday, April 03, 2006

Condi Quote

Let the backpeddling begin.....................

7 comment(s):

Finally, a Bushie is telling the truth!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:07 PM  

Yeah, but as I said, she's not going to stay with the truth. She and the neocons will be backpeddling bigtime to distance themselves from her remark. I'll try to follow this up with a link to exactly where the backpeddling is being discussed.

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 12:10 PM  

Let the backpeddling begin!
"At a briefing at the Pentagon on Thursday [Rumsfeld] said, 'I talked to Condi about that, and she pointed out the transcript where she said she was speaking figuratively, not literally.'"
Facing Tough Questions (Poor Baby!), Bush Defends War
NY Times, Friday, April 7

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:21 PM  

Thanks for the link, Michael. They are all cockroaches. Lying, dispiccable cockroaches. Except Condi, in this particular case. She slipped up, poor baby.

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 6:44 AM  

One more thing, Michael.
Welcome to my blog, as meager as it is. I do this to vent, and to point some friends and family towards some interesting issues and some great blogs. It also helps to keep me sharp. Or, at least sharper. Hey, if you felt like contributing, I'd sure welcome that, too. Just a thought.

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 6:49 AM  

Hi Dusty Dog - aka: dabe. Since you invited, I thought I'd drop by from the Randi Rhodes MB.

I thought I would point out one thing regarding this Condi quote. To me the important word is "tactical." When she admits to our 1000's of "tactical" errors, she's essentially saying that its the troops fighting in Iraq who are responsible for the error. She doesn't admit to any "strategic" errors on her part or on the Bush admin. part. In fact, later in the quote she goes on to imply that there have been NO strategic errors. All of this is deeply important to me because it's the new popular right-wing spinning point to blame the carnage in Iraq, not on themselves, but entirely on the troops fighting there.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:27 PM  

Thanks for stopping by, kbob. Your description of what Condi meant by that quote is exactly the kind of backpeddling I was talking about. And, think about this: How many tactical errors does it take to equal one strategic error? This is not just a rhetorical question.

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 7:32 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home