The Dusty Dog

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Arthritis Walk

One of my life problems is that I have one of the over 100 forms of arthritis. As a result, I hurt most of the time. Usually, the pain isn't excrutiating. The meds I'm on have given me my life back. However, the pain is more of a background annoyance, usually, but with an emergence of some nasty stab here and there to remind me that I've got this nasty disease. I guess I picked a short straw. But, it's hard to complain, as my short straw isn't nearly as short as others' straws. In fact, I really do OK.

In that I really do OK, I am going to be using my body, so to speak, and this computer, and abject groveling to collect donations for the Arthritis Foundation. I will be walking for a cure. Ya see, there ain't no goddamm cures right now. Only medicated remissions, painkillers, and at times, sheer tenacity by those inflicted to get through every goddamm day. Therefore, please visit My Donation Site and make a donation. If all my readers made only $5.00 donations, then maybe I'll get to raise the bar high and maybe I can really contribute something really significant. Won't that be cool........

Of course, if ya wanna donate more, then who am I to protest?

THANK YOU!

4 comment(s):

DesertPeace pledges $25.00

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:23 PM  

Thanks desertpeace for your caring about us arthritic people! I hope there's a cure on the horizon and during our lifetime, if not hopefully for others.

What would we do without people like you that care?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:57 PM  

Yes, by all means, thank you desertpeace.
Fleaface, welcome to my blog!

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 7:53 AM  

I posted this thread on my blog... I hope it helps you get to the goal you set.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:21 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home