The Dusty Dog

Monday, September 04, 2006

The Bush Jeer - "What's That Smell?"

One of the Vietnam era bands that I really liked alot was Country Joe and the Fish. They really put together some of the most fun, anti-war songs of the era. Of course, I'm not alone in remembering the Vietnam era, and the anti-war movement, and the the parallels to the Iraq era. Hmmmm.......... Iraq Era. Has a similarly nasty ring to it, don't it?

Anyway, as I was surfing around the blogosphere this morning, I came upon a new (to me) blog, Political Cortex. Very fun read, for sure. One of the things that really caught my attention was this song they wrote, to the tune of "I-Feel-Like-I'm-Fixin'-To-Die Rag" is "We're All Gonna Fry Rag". Brought out the hippie in me. Hehehehe, funny stuff. An excerpt:
We're All Gonna Fry Rag

Come on all you unemployable men...
Listen to my Republican spin.
This war on turruh's no desprit sham...
Down yonder in `Slamo-Fascistan.
Won't none of my crooks see the light of the sun...
A rhetorical war's never done!

And it's one, two, three,
What are we waitin' for ?
Don't ask me, I don't got a plan,
Just want to drop Tehran;
And it's five, six, seven,
Servin' up that squirrelly hate.
Well now there ain't no crime I wouldn't try,
Could be... I'm gonna lie.

Well, come on you libruls and show some class...
`Fore I `cuse you all of bein' pederast.
Better go out and raise my creds...
Before my old mommie and poppie's dead.
Ain't no caprice from number one son...
When he's flown around on Air Force One.

And it's one... big... spree,
What are we waitin' for ?
You ask me, we don't need a plan,
Just got to pop Iran;
And it's time... for... heaven,
Servin' up that squirrelly hate
Well now, I done decided they gotta die,
Whoopie!... They're gonna fry.

More

1 comment(s):

Testing..............

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 8:16 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home