The Dusty Dog

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Photos of the Day

Two photos, to be exact. I'm trying to teach myself how to properly use my long lens, my Sigma 70-300mm tele macro lens. It's not easy, and I've taken a lot of really bad shots. Zuki is one of my more cooperative subjects.

This first shot was taken with the telephoto lens. I love that neck fur. Very wolf-like. But, those ears are pure German Shepherd.



This second image, also telephoto, was taken from across the yard. Zuki is nicely framed by the Yews that are planted on either side of the steps up to my porch. I think she plays a very important part in why my cottage doesn't get robbed when I'm at work. :-)



Maybe tomorrow I will successfully capture something macro to post here. Weather permitting.......

3 comment(s):

Very very wolf like. Looks like your getting used to the macro.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:12 PM  

That's the telephoto setup. Macro would be the very close and small, like photographing bugs. Some people do really well photographing bugs. It's just that I hate bugs so much. I'll mostly stick to flowers, mushrooms, and other little things. :-)

She sure is a pretty dog, though, isn't she?

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 11:09 PM  

she's gorgeous!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:53 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home