The Dusty Dog

Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Winter Tree

 


I bought myself a new camera. I got it online, and it was delivered this past week. But, I was too busy to even start playing with it until today.

Today started out to be a beautiful day. Sunny and bright and amazingly warm, upwards of 50 degrees F. I started out installing a new mailbox, glad that it was so nice when I had to work outside. I bought a new mailbox, because some dipshit neighborhood kids decided to play kickball with my old one. Anyway, I now have a loverly new white mailbox. It will be good to get mail again, as I haven't received anything since wednesday. Probably just bills, anyway.

After the mailbox chore, I took my dog to the bay. By that time, the sun was obscured by clouds, and it got really cold really fast. But, we walked along the bay, Zuki sniffing anything and everything, and me looking at the world through my new camera lens. This picture is one of the photos I took today. I didn't take too many because Zuki was too excited about being out on the bay, and was running and lurching and being ...... well...... a dog. But, I kind of like this shot. It's the bay, and it's winter, and this is a winter tree overhanging the bay. Kind of set the mood out there today.

I love my new camera, a Panasonic Lumix FZ30. Photography is one of my passions. That and my dog are two things that get me out on a cold winter day, giving me the opportunity to really appreciate things like winter trees. Posted by Picasa

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home