The Dusty Dog

Friday, November 25, 2005

Planning Disasters the "Heckuva Job Brownie" Way

OH MIGOD!!!! You can't make this stuff up. And, talk about proverbial anatomical parts, who in God's name would hire this guy and his newly created firm. As I said, OH MIGOD!!!!

Ex-FEMA Head Starts Disaster Planning Firm

DENVER -- Former FEMA Director Michael Brown, heavily criticized for his agency's slow response to Hurricane Katrina, is starting a disaster preparedness consulting firm to help clients avoid the sort of errors that cost him his job.

Isn't that nice. He wants to help people. Well gee wizz and OH MIGOD!!!!! Am I missing something here? As a proven failure in this business, he now wants to sell his competence in this business. I mean, if I have clearly indicated that I cannot pilot a boat because I tend to ram the boat into the dock pilings, then who in their right mind would hire me to pilot their boat? Really? I'm wondering. If I ever need a new job, maybe I can get one as a police officer. Doesn't matter that I cannot shoot a gun, and that I know nothing about law enforcement.

Not much else to say, except .......... OH MIGOD!!!!!!!!

2 comment(s):

Well, if you learn by making mistakes, Katrina had to make him a genius

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:45 PM  

Brown said officials need to "take inventory" of what's going on in a disaster to be able to answer questions to avoid appearing unaware of how serious a situation is.

What a revealing comment. Bush and Brown are kindred souls, and both deserve contempt for the suffering they allowed to happen in N.O.

Brown might very well "succeed" in his new career because he'll find clients willing to pay him not for what he knows, but for who he knows. Pathetic.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:41 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home