The Dusty Dog

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Victory!

The republicans got spanked tonight. McStupid will likely not make 200 electoral votes, given that Obama has 338 right now. The republicans represent a dying cause, an era gone by, an America that no longer exists. His America, as seen by the crowd at his concession speech was a lily white bunch of losers who will never get it. That mindset is now in the minority. That mindset is now irrelevant.

History was made tonight.


Obama's rally is truly representative of what this nation is comprised of today. I am struck with awe. I never thought I'd live to see the day that a man of African decent would inhabit the White House. In fact, I have this vision of his girls running around there, and my heart swells. The stage they are on right now, Grant Park in Chicago, is comprised of two families, the Bidens and the Obamas. The stage is as gloriously mixed as the people in the crowd. I am so proud.

I am so proud

Labels: , ,

2 comment(s):

wish i could share your optimism - i'd love to see republicans relegated to the wacky minority they should be, but, i think it could easily turn around next election, for any number of arbitrary reasons. maybe the next republican nominee will have really nice hair or something, who knows.

my only hope for the long run is that with the democrats in office, house and senate, they might finally be able to accomplish so much good as to prove how much more right they are about just about everything, in all sorts of tangible ways, that even the average centrists will be able to appreciate.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:04 AM  

I actually think that McStupid's concession speech was rather dignified. Had he behaved as well during his campaign, he may have had a snowball's chance in hell of winning. Disastrous as that would have been.
But I am thrilled. I was in awe to see the phenomenal mix of people in the crowd. This nation is the melting pot, it set out to be, when it was born. Brought tears to my eyes.
YES WE CAN! YES WE DID! YES WE WILL!

By Blogger Nanse, at 11:57 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home