The Dusty Dog

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Undecided


You gotta wonder.... Who the hell are they? Well, I had a conversation with one this week. She really hasn't made up her mind yet. Huh???

When I asked her what she was confused about, her response was typical to what I've been hearing - "I hate them both." In my opinion, of which I have many, that's such a ignorant and mindless answer. It's a cop out. It means that all she is basing her decisions upon are the TV sound bites. If that's all you've got, of course you're gonna hate them both. They are trashing each other, McStupid way more than Obama (another opinion of mine), that all you'll hear is negative crap.

I asked her what she "hated" about both of them. Her response, again quite typical - "They both are horrific liars." "OK," I said,"So putting aside the exaggerations and hyperbole that they are both guilty of, what exactly is Obama lying about?" All she could come up with was Obama's relationship with Jeremiah Wright, and Wright's hatred of white people.

Amazing. Another person who was participating in this conversation piped in, "That's nonsense." She had read some of Wright's sermons, and heard him speak, and she did not read or hear anything that indicated any across the board hatred of white people, the way the McStupid camp portrayed him to do, and want the electorate to believe." I concurred, as I also read and heard him speak. I stated that what the McStupid camp quoted of Wright was taken completely out of context to make him out to be a hateful bigot, and in fact, what Wright was preaching was his disdain for the horrific treatment that blacks have had to endure at the hands of whites.

I find it hard to believe that anyone in McStupid's camp really believes that Wright is practicing this concept of "reverse" racism, but they don't care. They know that if they continue to spew this garbage, the Obama camp must remain silent, or else they, the Obama camp, will be accused of racism. It's truly a catch 22 for the Obama campaign.

When I see the campaign rallies on TV (I've not been to any in person), the differences in the attendees is striking. Obama's rallies are truly a representation of our melting pot, multiracial society. There is a sea of people of all races, attending the rallies by the tens of thousands. The McStupid rallies always have a single black person strategically located right behind the candidate who is doing the yakking, so the camera will capture him, and it's virtually always a him (I've never seen a her). Those rallies are a sea of white people, all a single one thousand of them. My tendency is to say, "Draw your own conclusion." But, I am taking the next step, as I have already drawn the conclusion, of which I share herein. Believe me, this is not something I've noticed alone. There is a lot of discussion on the internet already about this very issue.

I'll start with McCain. Per Capitol Hill Blue,
McCain loved to tell jokes about lesbians, blacks, Hispanics and the Vietnamese community that occupied a large section of Arlington County, Virginia, just south of the District of Columbia.

Of course, McCain didn't use polite language in the jokes: He used names like "fags" or "queers" or "dykes" or "niggers" or "spics" or "wetbacks" or "gooks."
Feel free to read more from that article, as it has lots of other links and specific examples of the racist pile of crap that McStupid really is. It's really telling of who and what the republican party is and represents if they think that this poor excuse for a human being is the best they have to represent their party. There's plenty more where that came from. Just do a search on the words "McCain racist" and you'll get lots of hits. Miggod, it's just sickening.

Sarah Palin is her own racist bitch. This from the LA Progressive
Besides insulting Obama with a Step-N’-Fetch-It, “darkie musical” swipe, people who know her say she refers regularly to Alaska’s Aboriginal people as “Arctic Arabs” – how efficient, lumping two apparently undesirable groups into one ugly description – as well as the more colourful “mukluks” along with the totally unimaginative “f**king Eskimo’s,” according to a number of Alaskans and Wasillians interviewed for this article.
Again, read more of this article and again put "Palin racist" into a google search, and you'll get many hits. Again, it's just sickening.

Back to my conversation with the undecided. When the only thing that she could come up with when I asked her about any Obama lies was the Jeremiah Wright issue, which of course had nothing to do with any Obama lies, my only conclusion is that she's going to vote for McStupid. She can do nothing else. Although I have always liked this person, and still do, I do believe she is a racist. I think that she doesn't even realize she's a racist, and certainly would never admit it, if she did. But, she is. Period. And sadly, I do believe that she is very likely representative of lots of undecided voters. Unquestioning, incurious, and subconsciously (at the very least) racist. It is a very sad reality of our American society.

Having written all of this, I am so hopeful that Obama will win. Aside from the fact that I do believe that he is America's best hope for progress, fairness, and respect (to undo the past eight years of the dubya and his dick regime) for our country, he will also be a role model for black people to look up to, and for white people to hopefully realize that being black does not diminish, in any way, a person's stature as a human being. That's my hope in this election.



Images:
Decision 2008 - http://current.com/items/89399625_who_really_are_these_undecided_voters
White/Black Hands - http://bolsonon.wordpress.com/2008/03/22/racist-the-latest-version-of-gotcha-politics/
McCain Rally - http://entequilaesverdad.blogspot.com/2008/08/relative-enthusiasm.html
Sarah Palin - http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1155/527062966_cc0f58daa3.jpg
Obama Hope - http://obamamedia.wordpress.com/2008/03/06/high-quality-obama-wallpapers-and-signs/

4 comment(s):

i've always wondered how anyone can be centrist, anyhow. to be undecided, they'd have to primarily be centrist, right? so in a more general sense, these are people who don't really have opinions about anything political. they're more likely to vote following some sort of media driven social flow, and not any real issues at all. that is, if they manage to make the decision to vote at all.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:26 PM  

Today,I also had a conversation with someone whom I love dearly, and is undecided. Tears my heart out. I truly don't believe she's a racist. I just think she's sick of all the negativity in this campaign, and doesn't trust anyone.
So, I told her to consider who'd be president if McStupid melanoma died. Sarah Palin, of course. Then, I said if Obama was rendered non-functional in some way, we'd have Biden. "Wow", she said. I've always loved Biden.
Well, Duh......
I think I convinced her.
Happy me, Nan

By Blogger Nan, at 10:22 PM  

Nan, if the person had mentioned Obama's economic plans, or his health care plan or something meaningful, I'd agree with you. And, I also did bring up the Palin vp thing. But, her issue was Jeremiah Wright. She bought into the cheap shot racism of the McStupid campaign. That's why I came to the conclusion I did. And, as we both know, the racism I describe does, in fact, exist.

And discon, I completely agree with you, too. She certainly exhibits this know nothing concept, called centrism, and obviously is being driven by the media social flow. Yup, you've hit that nail on the head.

Thanks for your comments.

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 10:52 PM  

I know several undecided voters, and what they have in common is this: They don't pay a lot of attention to politics. As hard as it is for me to believe (political junkie that I am), there are just a lot of people that have better things to do. They'll inform themselves when the time comes (like I have to on judge retentions, or bond issues that don't get covered by the media). They're neither stupid nor ignorant; they just have better ways to spend their time!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:33 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home