The Dusty Dog

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Griles, Repugs, NOT Gale Norton Too, and Dogfish Head

I think this is amazing stuff. Call it progress if you will, but I call it "it's about freakin' time" on two counts. First of all, Steven Griles has pled guilty. Second, the press is finally reporting stuff that the dubya dummies aren't happy about, and I'm sure it's because we now have a democratic congress. Lots of people seem to think that it doesn't make a squat of difference whether a person is a dem or a repug. I think it does, and particularly now.
[Geez, I'm having a hard time typing..... one beer and I'm toasted... Yea, Dogfish Head!!!)

I digress...............

Griles pled guilty for "testifying falsely before the Senate Indian Affairs Committee on November 2, 2005, and during an earlier deposition with the panel's investigators on October 20, 2005." This according to CNN. As I said, two counts. A double whammy. I wrote about this miserably despicable piece of crap in January 2006, in an article called NOT Gale Norton, Too. The writing certainly was on the wall. But, I bet dollars to donuts, if the House and Senate stayed in Repugs' control, this story would have never seen the light of day. Either Griles never would have been prosecuted, and/or the press would not have bothered to write about it. So yes, boys and girls, it does make a difference. Dems in control of the House and Senate, in control of Congress in its entirety, seems to be bringing some modicum of sanity and accountability back to Washington.

Let's not forget, in all this excitement, that Gail Norton, former Secretary of the Interior, appointed by the dumbya dickwad himself, was Griles' boss. There's no way that I could ever believe that Norton is not complicit in the seedy transactions between Griles and Abramoff. Remember, folks, when Abramoff went down, Norton quietly resigned her post. Gee wizzakers, I wonder why? So, when is that dirtbag-ess going to get indicted?

Let's not get carried away here. DC is still a cesspool of corruption on so many levels, no doubt. But, I do believe that the Dems are more about maintaining their control and their jobs, thereby hovering ever so close to that fine line of corruption, but at least maybe, maybe some of them staying on the good side, whereas the repugs, in their ultimate desire for that selfish, self-serving, and self-enriching power grab, coupled with a virtual lack of concern for society at large, have almost in their collective entirety crossed that line a long fuckin' time ago.


Labels: , , , ,

1 comment(s):

Thank you for your comments on my site, Long Island Woman. I checked out your new smug-mug site and you have some great photographs. I also noticed that you are a member of NWPLI. I just recently found out about that group and was thinking of attending the next meeting in May with my husband. I think it's May 4th. What do you think of the group? Will you be there?
It sounds like an interesting group!

It is nice meeting you (via the web).
~Alida

By Blogger Alida Thorpe, at 11:00 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home