The Dusty Dog

Friday, July 07, 2006

"George W. Bush Is Dead....

..... to me". This is the title of Mark Morford's column in SFGate. It's one of the best descriptions of what it's like to have dubya for president - what it's like for me personally, and what it's like for the rest of the sane world. I really do believe that those who still believe that dubya is a good president are either seriously insane or hopelessly stupid. Following is the opening few paragraphs. I really hope people read this article, pass it on to others, revel in some really good writing ability.
It is like some sort of virus. It is like some sort of weird and painful rash on your face that makes you embarrassed to walk out the door and so you sit there day after day, waiting for it to go away, slathering on ointment and Bactine and scotch. And yet still it lingers.

Some days the pain is so searing and hot you want to cut off your own head with a nail file. Other days it is numb and pain-free and seemingly OK, to the point where you think it might finally be all gone and you allow yourself a hint of a whisper of a positive feeling, right up until you look in the mirror, and scream.

George W. Bush is just like that.
Please go and read the rest. It's really good. You won't be disappointed.


On another note, I will be out of town for a week, as of Sunday. A business trip to West Virginia. Beautiful countryside, a vacation of sorts, though I will be working rather hard, I'm sure. Sometimes, it's just good to get away.

6 comment(s):

You are a real TEASE!
Oh well....

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:03 AM  

Hey Steve, what do yo mean by that?

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 6:12 PM  

There's an ad in the New Yorker for you- the Bush's Last Day coundown clock, so you can know to the second how much time we have to put up with him. It attaches to your key chain.
So you are going to West Virginia? Let's get together, call Nina and me.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:08 PM  

What do I mean??? Your Headline...
"George W. Bush Is Dead...."
I thought it was true :(

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:15 AM  

Geez, Steve.... it never occurred to me that anyone would read it that way. Silly me. DOH! On the one hand, I wish. On the other hand, his dick is worse. Or, there is this third hand - it doesn't matter, cuz his dick is the real prez, anyway.

By Blogger Dusty Dog, at 9:13 AM  

I guess it was wishful thinking.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home